Friday, December 3, 2021
Home Sports Eddie Howe: Newcastle United boss will miss first game in charge against...

Eddie Howe: Newcastle United boss will miss first game in charge against Brentford with Covid | Football News


Eddie Howe will miss his first game in charge of Newcastle United after testing positive for Covid-19.

Assistant head coaches Jason Tindall and Graeme Jones will lead the team for the Premier League match against Brentford on Saturday in the absence of Magpies boss Howe, who was appointed as the successor to Steve Bruce earlier this month.

Howe will now self-isolate for 10 days in line with government guidance, which means he is also set to miss next Saturday’s trip to Arsenal.

“I’m very disappointed that I won’t be there with you all at St. James’ Park tomorrow, but it is incredibly important that I follow the guidelines and self-isolate,” Howe said.

“I’d like to reassure everyone that I feel fine, and while this is unwelcome news for me, I know it hasn’t derailed our preparations for what is an important game.

“I have been, and will be, in constant communication with my coaching team and the players, both tomorrow and during the week, and I know they will be giving everything on and off the pitch.”

Newcastle sit 19th in the Premier League, five points adrift of safety after the club’s opening 11 games of the season.

Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player

Earlier on Friday, Eddie Howe said he is trying to implement a new coaching philosophy with his players at Newcastle following his return to management

Howe has arrived at St James’ Park amid heightened focus at Newcastle following the Saudi-backed takeover of the club from Mike Ashley last month.

Speaking at his pre-match news conference prior to testing positive for Covid-19, Howe said: “I have to separate myself from the noise because the noise isn’t going to help me in the job and my dealings with the players, so I think that’s going to be one of the most important factors for me.”

Managing director Charnley leaves Newcastle

Lee Charnley
Image:
Lee Charnley (R) became managing director of Newcastle in 2014

Newcastle managing director Lee Charnley has left the club as the new owners look to appoint a chief executive officer in his place.

Charnley, who has been at St James’ Park for 22 years, the last seven in the role he has just vacated, stayed on during a handover period following October’s Saudi Arabia-backed takeover.

A club statement said: “Newcastle United can confirm that its managing director, Lee Charnley, has left the club following a handover period with the new ownership group.”

How to follow

Follow Newcastle vs Brentford in our dedicated live match blog here. Highlights will also be published on the Sky Sports digital platforms and the Sky Sports Football YouTube channel from 5.15pm on Saturday.





Source link

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

The Best Movies and TV Shows New to Netflix, Amazon and Stan in Australia in December

Every month, streaming services in Australia add a new batch of movies and TV shows to its library. Here are our picks for...

After Months of Daylight, Antarctica Is About to Be Plunged Into 2 Minutes of Night

The Sun hasn't set in Antarctica since October. Earth's southernmost continent is currently experiencing a long summer's day, one that stretches from mid-October...

How SMBs Can Attract Talent in a Tight Labor Market

Opinions expressed by Entrepreneur contributors are their own. Recent labor market headlines have been discouraging for employers. Daily news feeds are flooded with stories...

Recent Comments